Thursday, August 26, 2010

who died and made you king of anything?

Finally, the rain is gone.
And I cannot wait for the fall. I'm in love with the changing seasons. Forget the extremes of Winter and Summer, and gimme that breezy, shifting uncertainty anyday. I'm such a commitment-phobe.

Ocean Grove was fantastic. I saw so many people I love sooo much, got to lay on the beach, and ate FAR too much ice cream. I saw the "Newsboys" in concert, which really threw me for a loop - since when did Michael Tate of DC Talk start fronting for the Newsboys? It was more like a Michael Tate show with a few DC Talk and Newsboys classics. But I had the best seats in the house - how can you beat the Northwest balcony in the Great Auditorium?
The drive home, however, was another story. Absolutely miserable. We left just before 6pm and didn't get home until 1:30am because it was raining the entire way home. Hard. I think my eyes are still recovering from the constant state of trying to stay focused.

My computer is dying. The IT guys here at work are currently trying to get the data off of it so I can take it to the apple store - but it's not looking so promising. If you are a praying person, please pray for my dear computer.

Do yourself a favor and go buy Brooke Fraser's new song on iTunes - can't wait til her CD comes out.
I would tell you about all the other concerts i'd love to go to this fall, but they're on my computer which is currently in a coma...did I mention you should pray for it?
Finally feeling pretty settled in this job - almost finished with week three - but still in this state of long-term transition. This summer was crazy and now i've got this job to kind of ground me and my schedule, but i'm still trying to figure out how to balance possible voice lessons and extra babysitting jobs. Navigate Mod 2 will be starting in a couple weeks, and that mixed with some added worship leading at church equals a continued state of transition and falling into some kind of groove. But i'm stickin to my guns that God is way super good and provides absolutely everything I need. Life is in transition, but rich and exciting.

1 comment: